Re: description of DOLFIN package

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 08:19:10PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Anders Logg wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 05:43:26PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:
>
> >Great! Where is the DOLFIN package? I can put a link with instructions
> >to your packages on http://www.fenics.org/download/. It's probably
> >easiest for now if you keep the packages and we just keep a
> >link. Maybe we can set something better up later (or we get DOLFIN
> >into Debian, which would be cool).
>
> The package is not yet done. I'm having problems with the 'clean' target,
> and also I need to figure out the dependencies.
>
> I'll write about this in a separate email.

ok.

> Just a followup question about the description. I should have made clear
> that I am packaging 0.5.7. I just to make sure that the description I used
> applies to 0.5.7.

We fixed a number of big things with version 0.5.8, so I don't think
it's a good idea to use 0.5.7. It shouldn't be difficult for you to do
0.5.8 if you can do 0.5.7. The only thing that's changed with respect
to compilation of DOLFIN between 0.5.7 and 0.5.8 is that we
introduced a new make target called 'demo'. Just doing 'make' no
longer compiles the examples in the src/demo directory. This is to
keep things more light-weight --- there are many examples that take a
long time to compile and the total sum of all generated binaries is
quite large. Anyway, you probably don't want to package the
demos. (Maybe at some point, there can be a separate dolfin-demo
package, but that package should probably just contain the source.)