Re: description of DOLFIN package

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 10:32:21PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Anders Logg wrote:
>
> >We fixed a number of big things with version 0.5.8, so I don't think
> >it's a good idea to use 0.5.7. It shouldn't be difficult for you to do
> >0.5.8 if you can do 0.5.7. The only thing that's changed with respect to
> >compilation of DOLFIN between 0.5.7 and 0.5.8 is that we introduced a
> >new make target called 'demo'. Just doing 'make' no longer compiles the
> >examples in the src/demo directory. This is to keep things more
> >light-weight --- there are many examples that take a long time to
> >compile and the total sum of all generated binaries is quite large.
> >Anyway, you probably don't want to package the demos. (Maybe at some
> >point, there can be a separate dolfin-demo package, but that package
> >should probably just contain the source.)
>
> The question is whether 0.5.8 compiles with PETSc 2.2.1. I don't have 2.3
> packaged, and was planning to wait on Powell before trying to package
> 0.5.8 (assuming it does not compile with 2.2.1).
>
>                                                                Faheem.

ok, I forgot about that...

Maybe you can keep the feature list for 0.5.8 and add a temporary
comment that some of the features are broken but fixed in 0.5.8?
And then do 0.5.8 next week when 2.3.0 comes out. (I will go on
vacation after next week and won't be able to do much more than
reading email for a while, but there are other people with commit
access that might be helpful.)