Re: Re: Debian package

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Anders Logg wrote:

I tried a couple of things:

1. Installing both mpich and lam4-dev:

 Works fine for me, no problems and /etc/alternatives/mpi points to
 /usr/include/lam, but maybe I'm missing the point?

I had both mpich-dev and lam4-dev installed. I think the problem is with the alternatives system, yes.

Johan confirmed the problem, so it is not just some flakiness at my end. He can probably explain the issue better than I can.

2. Installing only lam4-dev and removing all mpich:

 configure breaks, since it looks for mpirun and mpirun does not seem
 to be in any of the lam4 packages.

Why do you want to compile agains lam4 rather than mpich?

N/A. I've never tried to compile against lam, though why is that not allowed?

                                                              Faheem.