Re: Future work

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 14:30 +0200, Johan Hoffman wrote:

> Apart from the issue of duplicating code with or without templates, what
> do we need to figure out to get the assembly of boundary integrals
> correct?
>
> Do we have a clear way to obtain the FE basis for the boundary of a cell
> given the basis of the cell? Do we use the corresponding basis for for d-1
> dimensions?
>
> /Johan

This will have to come from FFC won't it? It might be less efficient,
but we could work with the finite element of the whole cell and perhaps
the edge/face number is enough for FFC to do the rest. I noticed that
the FFC-produced function eval takes "unsigned int boundary" as an
argument, but doesn't do anything with it yet.