Re: Future work

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 15:09 +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 14:30 +0200, Johan Hoffman wrote:
>
> > Apart from the issue of duplicating code with or without templates, what
> > do we need to figure out to get the assembly of boundary integrals
> > correct?
> >
> > Do we have a clear way to obtain the FE basis for the boundary of a cell
> > given the basis of the cell? Do we use the corresponding basis for for d-1
> > dimensions?
> >
> > /Johan
> >

> This will have to come from FFC won't it? It might be less efficient,
> but we could work with the finite element of the whole cell and perhaps
> the edge/face number is enough for FFC to do the rest.

Thinking about this some more, it might be better not to restrict the
finite element basis to the boundary in order to work with problems
where derivatives of the basis functions appear in the boundary
integrals, and hence involve all nodes of the element. Similar story for
non-conforming elements.

Garth