Re: _PETSC_COMM_WORLD and _MPI_COMM_WORLD

	On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 05:51:20PM +0200, Beni Stamm wrote:
> In src/lib/Makefile.am on the below mentioned line there is already
>
> libdolfin_la_LIBADD  = @DOLFIN_LTLIBOBJS@

src/lib/Makefile.am should look as follows:

  INCLUDES             = @KERNEL_CFLAGS@
  lib_LTLIBRARIES      = libdolfin.la
  libdolfin_la_SOURCES =
  libdolfin_la_LIBADD  = @DOLFIN_LTLIBOBJS@ @DOLFIN_EXT_LIBS@
  libdolfin_la_DEPENDENCIES = @DOLFIN_LTLIBOBJS@

The change I made yesterday was to add @DOLFIN_EXT_LIBS@ to fix
some compilation problems related to linking of PETSc libraries.

If this does not work for everyone, we'll just roll back the fix and
find another solution. Can anyone else confirm this problem?

Garth, did you do a configure + make clean + make install and it still
doesn't work?

> (without @DOLFIN_EXT_LIBS@)
> So, I just added the @DOLFIN_EXT_LIBS@ to check the other possibility. but
> while
> running ./scripts/preconfigure the following error occurs

This is a known bug in the script preconfigure. You need to run

    scripts/preconfigure

without the ./ or otherwise it will break... It's a stupid test to see
from where the script is run. I didn't have time to find a better
solution when I wrote it:

CHECK=`echo $0 | cut -d'/' -f1`
if [ "$CHECK" != "scripts" ]; then
        echo "This script must be run from the top level directory."
        exit 1
fi

If anyone has a better solution, just name it.

/Anders