Re: _PETSC_COMM_WORLD and _MPI_COMM_WORLD

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 09:26 +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
> 	On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 05:51:20PM +0200, Beni Stamm wrote:
> > In src/lib/Makefile.am on the below mentioned line there is already
> >
> > libdolfin_la_LIBADD  = @DOLFIN_LTLIBOBJS@
>
> src/lib/Makefile.am should look as follows:
>
>   INCLUDES             = @KERNEL_CFLAGS@
>   lib_LTLIBRARIES      = libdolfin.la
>   libdolfin_la_SOURCES =
>   libdolfin_la_LIBADD  = @DOLFIN_LTLIBOBJS@ @DOLFIN_EXT_LIBS@
>   libdolfin_la_DEPENDENCIES = @DOLFIN_LTLIBOBJS@
>
> The change I made yesterday was to add @DOLFIN_EXT_LIBS@ to fix
> some compilation problems related to linking of PETSc libraries.
>
> If this does not work for everyone, we'll just roll back the fix and
> find another solution. Can anyone else confirm this problem?
>
> Garth, did you do a configure + make clean + make install and it still
> doesn't work?

I cloned a new version and it doesn't work.Deep in the output when
compiling DOLFIN I do get the warning message

*** Warning: Linking the shared library libdolfin.la against the
*** static
library /usr/local/lib/petsc-2.3.1-p14/externalpackages/spooles-2.2/linux-gnu-c-real-debug/MPI/src/spoolesMPI.a is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the shared library libdolfin.la against the
*** static
library /usr/local/lib/petsc-2.3.1-p14/externalpackages/spooles-2.2/linux-gnu-c-real-debug/spooles.a is not portable!

I didn't configure Spooles by hand. I just let PETSc download and
configure it. This could be the problem.

Garth