Re: Plans

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 10:35:13AM -0600, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> - My umfpack is not being detected (I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 and it's under
> 'suitesparse').

Shouldn't we have enableUmfpack=yes enabled by default?

Maybe we should do the same thing for everything else. So we look for
PETSc and if it's there we use it. If someone doesn't want PETSc, then
use enablePetsc=no.

> - Could we print some tips at the end for setting the library path,
> similar to what was written to dolfin.conf?

Would be good.

I also wonder why having a writable PKG_CONFIG_PATH is necessary. I
thought things got installed under scons/pkconfig?

It would be nice to remove all the need for a user to do anything else
but just writing 'scons'.