Re: Plans

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 10:35:13AM -0600, Garth N. Wells wrote:
>
>  > - My umfpack is not being detected (I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 and it's under
>  > 'suitesparse').
>
>  Shouldn't we have enableUmfpack=yes enabled by default?
>
>  Maybe we should do the same thing for everything else. So we look for
>  PETSc and if it's there we use it. If someone doesn't want PETSc, then
>  use enablePetsc=no.

The defaults can easily be changed in the toplevel SConstruct!

>  > - Could we print some tips at the end for setting the library path,
>  > similar to what was written to dolfin.conf?
>
>  Would be good.

It's the info in dolfin.pc you like to have writte out, right?

>  I also wonder why having a writable PKG_CONFIG_PATH is necessary. I
>  thought things got installed under scons/pkconfig?

It's not necessary to have a writable PKG_CONFIG_PATH, scons/pkgconfig
is used if non is found. Let's just say there are some issues, so
having a a nice place to store pkg-config files writeable and first in
PKG_CONFIG_PATH makes things a bit nicer.

If you walk by my office and have a look at my whiteboard, you'll see
some stuff that deals with at least some of the issues. Obviously,
code on my whiteboard won't make anybody else happy...

>  It would be nice to remove all the need for a user to do anything else
>  but just writing 'scons'.

That's a plan!

Åsmund