Re: Some more Scons feedback

johannr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, March 27, 2008 Dag Lindbo wrote:
johannr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, March 27, 2008 Dag Lindbo wrote:
johannr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, March 19, 2008 Dag Lindbo wrote:
[snip]
Another concern: Did it find UMFPACK or not when it says:
Checking for numpy-1... yes
Checking for ufc-1... yes
Checking for umfpack... yes
Checking for python-2... yes
Checking for gts... yes
Checking for boost... yes
Checking for libxml-2.0... yes
Found optional package: gts
Unable to find optional package: petsc
Unable to find optional package: slepc
Unable to find optional package: scotch
Unable to find optional package: umfpack
Well, it did find a pkg-config file for UMFPACK, however, it failed
when
resolving compiler or module dependencies. What does your umfpack.pc
look
like? Does it specify a compiler? That could probably be the issue
here.

(I get some 'new' linking issues when building the demos: cannot find
libumfpack)
Can you show us the contents of scons/simula_scons.log?

=================== dolfin log ===================
2008-03-20 09:00:25.063925
Using simula_scons from:
/NOBACKUP/dag/fenics/tip/dolfin/scons/simula-scons/simula_scons/__init__.pyc
resolveCompiler: No pkg-config generator for package 'ufc-1'. Assuming
Ok.
resolveCompiler: Some tests failed for package 'umfpack'. Discarding
package.
resolveCompiler: Unable to compile some UMFPACK tests, using
'/usr/include/umfpack' as location for UMFPACK includes.
Error message:
umfpack_config_test_include.cpp:3:21: error: umfpack.h: No such file or
directory
resolveCompiler: No pkg-config generator for package 'gts'. Assuming
Ok.
resolveCompiler: No pkg-config generator for package 'libxml-2.0'.
Assuming Ok.
Okay, it doesn't find the umfpack.h under /usr/include/umfpack. Do you
now
where it is located? Can you also show me the contents of the pkg-config
file umfpack.pc?

$ cat /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/umfpack.pc
Name: UMFPACK
Version: 4.6.0
linear systems via LU factorization.
Libs: -L/usr/lib/atlas -llapack -L/usr/lib -lumfpack -L/usr/lib -lamd
Cflags: -I/usr/include/ufsparse -I/usr/include/ufsparse

Well, is umfpack.h in either /usr/include/ufsparse or
/usr/include/ufsparse? If not, it is probably something wrong with your
umfpack.pc. What you can do, is to run the UMFPACK pkg-config generator
script manually and look for any errors. That is, from the root of the
DOLFIN source tree, run

  python scons/simula-scons/simula_scons/pkgconfiggenerators/umfpack.py

This will generate a pkg-config file for UMFPACK in the current directory.
Does it differ from the one you have under /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig? If it
does, you should probably remove /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/umfpack.pc and
run scons to generate a new one.

Johannes

Thanks! Now it is sorted out. I had a tangle of packages that provide umfpack installed (libumfpack4, ufsparse and suitesparse; with a broken mix of dev packages).

/Dag