Re: Parameter

Garth N. Wells skrev den 08/07-2008 følgende:

> Ola Skavhaug wrote:
>> Anders Logg skrev den 08/07-2008 følgende:

>>> We could add a default constructor for an int parameter named
>>> "undefined" with value 0 or similar. Parameter is never used directly
>>> by a user anyway (since it will be cast automatically to the
>>> underlying type).
>>
>> I don't see how naming the parameter "undefined" would help, since 0 should be
>> a valid interger option. Except from that, I follow.
>>
>> I have made some improvements to the SLEPc eigenvalue solver, making it
>> possible to set tolerance and max iter from dolfin. Another thing we should
>> consider is making it possible to specify the problem type, EPS_HEP, EPS_NHEP,
>> EPS_GHEP, or EPS_GNHEP (or so).
>>

> The SLEPc interface is very primitive, so improvements are welcome.
>
> Ola, I guess this means that you're using it?

Yes, I'm trying to solve very big matrix eigenvalue problems. My problems are
non-symmetric and very sparse, and I'm only interested in the largest real
eignvalue to find out if the system
u' = Au
is stable or not. It seems like this is a quite difficult problem, at least
the current way dolfin communicates and integrates with SLEPc.

Ola