Re: XML format for Higher Order meshes

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Jed Brown wrote:

On Mon 2008-08-25 09:12, Shawn Walker wrote:

Well, Function.  This requires being able to define a Function before
the mesh geometry has been defined.  I haven't looked at the
implementation, but perhaps this could be done by explicitly setting the
element Jacobian to the identity.

ok, so instead of modifying the mesh.xml format, one would just read in another function.xml that would later be used in computing the element tensor? So, in this sense, the higher order coordinate information for each triangle would be viewed as some extra coefficients that Tabulate_Tensor would use in computing the local FE matrix. This way, the only thing to modify would be FFC (and UFC maybe). In other words, when you assemble the form, you MUST pass this additional function to assemble?

This sounds good, but I am not completely sure.

- Shawn