Re: XML format for Higher Order meshes

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Jed Brown wrote:

Well, Function.  This requires being able to define a Function before
the mesh geometry has been defined.  I haven't looked at the
implementation, but perhaps this could be done by explicitly setting the
element Jacobian to the identity.

Jed

Actually, I am not sure if having the extra mesh data as a separate function would work. That would mean you need to pass this function to subroutines that compute the basis functions and their derivatives, and routines that compute facet normals, etc... It seems that this higher order mesh information should be more internal. Unless you were thinking of making another Function variable internal to MeshGeometry?

- Shawn