Re: Bundle with basic linear algebra operators

Johan Hake wrote:
Hello!

Attached is a bundle with changes to the GenericMatrix interface regarding the operators +=, -= and axpy. These operators are also added in PyDOLFIN together with the + and -.

Nice. I just pushed the changes to dolfin-dev.

It would be nice to have some unit tests (not just for this, but for much more and from all of us in general).

Garth

I have implemented all operator= and copy constructors for the included Matrices, excluding STLMatrix. I kept the copy constructor explicit, and therefor I did not implement the the + or - operator. These can be added, but will lead to unnesessary many temporary matrix objects.

I have cleaned up in the swig la interface files.

I added a unit test for the added operators in Python, for all backends, and a dummy unit test in cpp. We should fill that one out...

Now I know alot more about operators, copy constructors and swig interface files, than I did three days ago :)