Re: Release and buildbot status

On Mon, April 6, 2009 17:19, Anders Logg wrote:
> As far as I understand, the problems we see now are related to some
> intricate problems loading MPI in Python on Mac with Trilinos.

Yes, that's correct. The last failure was because of an issue with
Trilinos 9.0.2 on Mac (got a Bus error in some ML tests). I just reverted
to an earlier version (8.0.3) on the mac-osx slave and now the Trilinos
demo worked fine so hopefully the mac-osx slave will turn green after the
next build.

> There are quite a few items in the queue both for DOLFIN and FFC that
> will break both functionality and interfaces and it would be good to
> release now so we can get started.

The only remaining problem now is with Open MPI 1.3. The fix we did
earlier today didn't work because the call to 'import cpp' made Python
exit after the exception was raised in this code:

try:
    import cpp
except ImportError, msg:

We need to come up with a better test.