Re: Release and buildbot status

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 06:45:27PM +0200, Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Mon, April 6, 2009 17:19, Anders Logg wrote:
> > As far as I understand, the problems we see now are related to some
> > intricate problems loading MPI in Python on Mac with Trilinos.
>
> Yes, that's correct. The last failure was because of an issue with
> Trilinos 9.0.2 on Mac (got a Bus error in some ML tests). I just reverted
> to an earlier version (8.0.3) on the mac-osx slave and now the Trilinos
> demo worked fine so hopefully the mac-osx slave will turn green after the
> next build.

The buildbot is currently red even for Hardy due to a timeout when
running the waveguide demo. I tried it here and it takes a very long
time to finish (waiting for SLEPc/LAPACK to converge). I changed the
resolution so it finishes in just a few seconds. Strange that this
shows up now. The buildbot has been green before.

> > There are quite a few items in the queue both for DOLFIN and FFC that
> > will break both functionality and interfaces and it would be good to
> > release now so we can get started.
>
> The only remaining problem now is with Open MPI 1.3. The fix we did
> earlier today didn't work because the call to 'import cpp' made Python
> exit after the exception was raised in this code:
>
> try:
>     import cpp
> except ImportError, msg:
>
> We need to come up with a better test.
>
> Johannes

Does this always happen with Open MPI 1.3?