Re: Release and buildbot status

On Mon, April 6, 2009 21:05, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 06:45:27PM +0200, Johannes Ring wrote:
>> On Mon, April 6, 2009 17:19, Anders Logg wrote:
>> > As far as I understand, the problems we see now are related to some
>> > intricate problems loading MPI in Python on Mac with Trilinos.
>>
>> Yes, that's correct. The last failure was because of an issue with
>> Trilinos 9.0.2 on Mac (got a Bus error in some ML tests). I just
>> reverted
>> to an earlier version (8.0.3) on the mac-osx slave and now the Trilinos
>> demo worked fine so hopefully the mac-osx slave will turn green after
>> the
>> next build.
>
> The buildbot is currently red even for Hardy due to a timeout when
> running the waveguide demo. I tried it here and it takes a very long
> time to finish (waiting for SLEPc/LAPACK to converge). I changed the
> resolution so it finishes in just a few seconds. Strange that this
> shows up now. The buildbot has been green before.

It's not that strange considering you increased the size of the mesh in
the commit before the Hardy and Intrepid slaves failed:

http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin?cs=f6478f948adbbdd29a659708473c08266cc7f07a

>> > There are quite a few items in the queue both for DOLFIN and FFC that
>> > will break both functionality and interfaces and it would be good to
>> > release now so we can get started.
>>
>> The only remaining problem now is with Open MPI 1.3. The fix we did
>> earlier today didn't work because the call to 'import cpp' made Python
>> exit after the exception was raised in this code:
>>
>> try:
>>     import cpp
>> except ImportError, msg:
>>
>> We need to come up with a better test.
>>
>> Johannes
>
> Does this always happen with Open MPI 1.3?

Yes, unless we run something like

import ctypes
ctypes.CDLL('libmpi.so', ctypes.RTLD_GLOBAL)

before importing the cpp module (as we do in dynamic_load_mpi.py). The
problem is what to do if a user doesn't have mpi? Maybe we can do it like
this:

try:
    import dynamic_load_mpi
except OSError: