Re: [HG DOLFIN] Permit access to values and size for a Constant.

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Harish Narayanan
<harish.mlists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anders Logg wrote:
>>> Yes, there was an old boost.pc file in the path from the old stable
>>> dolfin installation (which I didn't want to touch).
>>>
>>> I also removed boost 1.35 from apt, libboost-dev uses 1.34, but I
>>> think it was the .pc file.
>>> Reminder to self: always locate foo.pc before asking dolfin-dev...
>>> (I also need an easier system for handling multiple installed versions.)
>>
>> I've started using Dorsal for this. I set the installation path to
>> one of
>>
>>   $HOME/local/lib/fenics-stable
>>   $HOME/local/lib/fenics-dev
>>
>> and then have aliases fenics-stable and fenics-dev for sourcing the
>> appropriate dolfin.conf.
>>
>> And I've also disabled building of DOLFIN in the dev configuration
>> (very easy to do with Dorsal) since I need to rebuild that manually
>> all the time while working on it.
>>
>> I also disable building of PETSc, SLEPc, Trilinos etc after the first
>> install. Then I can just rerun Dorsal to install all the light-weight
>> fast-changing packages (UFL, UFC, FFC etc).
>
> And with this ringing endorsement (and good summary of how Dorsal is to
> be used in practice), I foresee that the number of hits to its project
> page will go up from 20 a month to a whopping 30!
>
> Harish

:)

Is it possible to add easy switch between debug and release builds as well?

I want something like

>>   $HOME/local/lib/fenics-stable-release
>>   $HOME/local/lib/fenics-dev-release
>>   $HOME/local/lib/fenics-stable-debug
>>   $HOME/local/lib/fenics-dev-debug

Basically using "enableOptimize=1 enableDebug=0" for release versions
and  "enableOptimize=0 enableDebug=1" for debug versions of dolfin.

Martin