Re: Moving the repositories

Andy Ray Terrel wrote:
The repository is here now:

 http://bitbucket.org/dolfin/dolfin/

Btw, Garth and I have discussed the possibility of moving the
repositories from fenics.org to Bitbucket. Less to maintain and we
don't need to rely on the good will of someones IT support (which may
not be indefinite).

I assume you want to move all of FEniCS over to bitbucket's service.
This will be quite a migration for all the different apps, but in
general I have been very pleased with bitbucket.  Why not switch to
bazaar and integrate the code with the launchpad system?

That's a possibility.

Here's quick run down on pro/cons that I see. Feel free to add to it.

Launchpad:

  Pros:
  Nice interface
  Blueprints
  We're already using it
  Mailing lists
  Release planning
  Free

  Cons:
  bazaar: we'd have to learn it. Is it fast enough?

Bitbucket:

  Pros:
  Mercurial
  Nice interface
  Wiki
  Simple management of ssh keys

  Cons:
  Not free. Expense is not prohibitive, but it's admin.
  Feature planning and bugs reports are mixed up.

Garth

-- Andy