Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 4980: Fatal error when required package UFC is not found. Is this how we should do it?

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:01:52AM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 08:40 +0000, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > revno: 4980
> > committer: Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>
> > branch nick: dolfin-dev
> > timestamp: Mon 2010-08-16 10:36:06 +0200
> > message:
> >   Fatal error when required package UFC is not found. Is this how we should do it?
>
> Probably not.

I realized this and moved the check to CMakeLists.txt so that the
error can be handled there.

There's still a fatal error in the Armadillo config script that
perhaps also should be removed.

> >   It seems strange to continue the configuration when a required package is not found.
>
> Configuration is not a one-shot process. CMake trys to find things, then
> gives the users the chance set or change options and paths.

ok.

The current setup (with the added test in CMakeLists.txt) seems to
work as intended. When running ccmake, one gets a very obvious message

  *** Unable to configure, one or more required packages missing.

but one still has a chance to continue configuring (ccmake is not
quitting).