Re: [Question #129296]: defining a discrete function

Question #129296 on DOLFIN changed:

andi is still having a problem:
On 14/10/10 11:50, Jack wrote:
> Question #129296 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/129296
>
> Jack requested for more information:
> This is also a problem that I'd also like a solution for. Because, the
> Vector interface doesn't support the '[]' operator, in the past, I've
> had to resort to setting the vector via:
>
> void set(const double* block, uint m, const uint* rows)
>
> But, this seems somewhat convoluted.
>
> Therefore, trying what you suggested, Johan, one gets the error:
>
> error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
>
> Jack

Jack, using

void set(const double* block, uint m, const uint* rows)

is the way I got a solution as well. Furthermore, I had to define a
GenericVector, and not a Vector. But can I ask you another question?
To make a proper assignment of the vector values for the function we
want to define, we need to figure out which the dof mapping is. Have you
used this feature? If yes, how you did it?

Andi