Re: libboost_program_options is not included during linking process

Den 11.11.10 18.34, skrev Andre Massing:
Den 11.11.10 17.23, skrev Johannes Ring:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Andre Massing<massing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Den 11.11.10 15.23, skrev Johannes Ring:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Andre Massing<massing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Den 11.11.10 15.04, skrev Johannes Ring:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Andre Massing<massing@xxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:
Hi!

I just encountered another strange error during compilation of the
latest
dolfin development
version on a Mac OS X platform. I got the error

Linking CXX shared library libdolfin.dylib
[..]
Undefined symbols:

"boost::program_options::validation_error::validation_error(boost::program_options::validation_error::kind_t, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>

const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
std::allocator<char>
const&)", referenced from:
Switching VERBOSE=1 reveals that libboost_program_options was not
included
in the list of libs to link with.
Any clue how to fix that?
I had a similar problem a few days ago. I think it was after I did a
clean build of DOLFIN that the problem went away. Have you tried that?

Johannes
Actually I started with a clean build in the first place :)
Okay, could you attach your CMakeCache.txt file?

Attached.
Thanks. It looks okay so I don't really know. You could try to specify
the Boost libraries manually, like this:

-DBoost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/opt/local/lib/libboost_program_options-mt.dylib

Are you sure you have the latests DOLFIN? And does it work if you
revert back to revision 5236?

I have tried both, and neither one helped. I am really stuck now, since I can not compile any of my dolfin libs :( I don't get it. At least find_package(BOOST) command in CMakeList find all the libs, the Boost_LIBRARIES contains also libboost_program_options, but somehow it goes lost on the way, e.g. in all the link.txt and build.make the entry is missing (it exists in a older installation). No clue what is going on... Has anybody else from the CMake experts an idea about what is going
on??

I found something which is somehow related to the error. I had a recent update which changed cmake from version cmake @2.8.2_2 to cmake @2.8.3_0. If I use the newer version, the cmake generated link.txt and build.make files *does not* contain libboost_program_options, if I switch back to 2.8.2_2 they do. Strange, no idea whether this is a bug in cmake, macports.. and how to resolve it..
--
Andre

--
Andre