Re: SORSolver dependency in real.cpp

On 25/11/10 20:17, Anders Logg wrote:
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 05:55:36PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

On 25/11/10 17:34, Anders Logg wrote:
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 05:07:40PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
There is a dependency on

    dolfin/ode/SORSolver.h

in dolfin/common/real.cpp. This seems odd to me. Is there a reason for it?

Garth

real.h/cpp provide some basic algorithms that work on high precision
floats. One of these is the matrix exponential which is computed by a
rational approximation, hence the need for solving a linear system.

The SORSolver is the only solver in DOLFIN that handles high precision
floats (uBLAS etc can't be used).

What is the typical system size?

Garth

We have used it for (dense) matrices of size up to 100 x 100 for
computing quadrature weights etc for the cG(100) method.

You could try Armadillo? I guess it can be templated over the higher precision floats.