Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/rognes] Rev 5892: Clean-up targets for doc generation:

On 05/27/2011 08:05 PM, Kristian Ølgaard wrote:
On 27 May 2011 18:55, Marie E. Rognes<meg@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 05/27/2011 06:21 PM, Johan Hake wrote:

Nice!

Will any of the below targets superseed the generatation of docstrings in
the

   dolfin/swig/generate.py

script?

Hahaha. I had no idea that dolfin/swig/generate.py generates docstrings, so
probably yes! or no.

Why don't you give me a quick run-down of what the idea with the generation
of docstrings is, and then I'll fix.

The generate.py script creates the docstrings which is included by
Swig when creating the cpp.py module.
These docstrings are then extracted, using autodoc, in the .rst files
that we're generating from the dolfin module (what you have been
working on lately).

:-)

Bottomline, the autodoc operates on the "installed" module, and the generated docstrings are thus included.

--
Marie

Kristian

--