Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/rognes] Rev 5892: Clean-up targets for doc generation:

On 27 May 2011 20:09, Marie E. Rognes <meg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/27/2011 08:05 PM, Kristian Ølgaard wrote:

>>> Hahaha. I had no idea that dolfin/swig/generate.py generates docstrings,
>>> so
>>> probably yes! or no.
>>>
>>> Why don't you give me a quick run-down of what the idea with the
>>> generation
>>> of docstrings is, and then I'll fix.
>>
>> The generate.py script creates the docstrings which is included by
>> Swig when creating the cpp.py module.
>> These docstrings are then extracted, using autodoc, in the .rst files
>> that we're generating from the dolfin module (what you have been
>> working on lately).
>
> :-)
>
> Bottomline, the autodoc operates on the "installed" module, and the
> generated docstrings are thus included.

Yes, and we need to run generate.py first to get the docstrings in
cpp.py correct.
Because once created, we can't modify it (at runtime) unless we do a
search & replace but then we might as well run generate.py.

Kristian