Re: CGAL triangle compilation problems.

On 02/03/2012 02:15 PM, Johan Hake wrote:
> On Friday February 3 2012 13:57:12 Johannes Ring wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Johan Hake <johan.hake@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

3:0 , from /home/hake/local/include/CGAL/Triangulation_3.h:35,

bas e_3( CGAL::Triangulation_ds_cell_base_3<TDS>::Vertex_handle,

CGAL::Triangulation_ds_cell_base_3<TDS>::Vertex_handle,

/home/hake/local/include/CGAL/Triangulation_ds_cell_base_3.h:50

>>> It actually looks like we need to explicitly ammend something
>>> to the GLP license we use, to be able to use CGAL.

>>> The General Public License (GPL) has a viral effect which makes
>>> it incompatible with the QPL. For more information, please
>>> refer to the paragraph about the QPL on the licenses web page
>>> of the FSF. It is therefore not possible to build a program
>>> including GPL code and some QPL parts of CGAL. In this case, if
>>> you are the copyright owner of the GPL code, you can amend the
>>> license by adding an exception allowing the use of CGAL with it
>>> (see again the FSF web page).
>>>
>>> I couldn't find the refered pages on fsf site, as it only
>>> pointed to a dead link.
>>
>> I think it is only CGAL CORE which is QPL, and we don't use CORE
>> in DOLFIN, right?
>
> I think it is the other way around. We mostly use CGAL Core, which
> is LGPL, and fine. But more fancy stuff like triangulation is not
> part of the core and under QPL license.

That is a bit confusing but CGAL Core (which we don't use)
as in libCGAL_Core refers to bindings/use of the Core library and not
the core of CGAL
(http://www.cgal.org/Manual/latest/doc_html/installation_manual/Chapter_installation_manual.html)

Yes, unfortunately most of the more fancy stuff is under QPL,
including BBox trees (intersection related stuff) and the mesh related
stuff.

Andre