Re: Pushing removed revisions

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 09:22:55AM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 10:08:00AM +0100, Johan Hake wrote:
> >> In principle I do not have any objections. Also if you mess up your
> >> commands it is fairly simple to just branch a new lp:dolfin and merge
> >> from that, before it is pushed back.
> >
> > The problem is that the thing I messed up was the push to
> > trunk. So there was no need or any opportunity to branch a new
> > lp:dolfin. The damage was already done.
> >

> Branching a new lp:dolfin is a problem on slow connections.
>
> >> However, I see this mainly as a big short coming of bzr and/or buildbot.
> >> Comparing if one revision is newer than another one in a distributed
> >> version control system should be a solved problem...
> >
> > It's a solved problem if we set that flag.
>
> So the buildbot determines an individual developer's work flow?

Yes, as long as there's no simple fix for the buildbot.

I don't really care about the numbering issue anymore, as long as it
works. Right now, it seems that doing `cd trunk && bzr merge ../dev`
instead of `cd dev && bzr merge ../trunk && bzr push trunk` is an
easier fix than figuring out how to get the buildbot (or bzr?) to use
timestamps instead of changeset numbers.