Re: [Fenics] Deadline for merge of development branches

On 26/03/13 15:55, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 March 2013, David Ham wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I imagine that Florian will have something to say about this, but
> the ffc pyop2 branch may be an issue here. lp:~mapdes/ffc/pyop2
>

> This may be fine because I don't believe that we're planning to
> prune/rewrite the FFC history at this stage (I think that it's
> required, but it's easier to delay until later compared to the
> DOLFIN repo). We need Florian to tell us if this will work.

As I mentioned earlier there is also the route of importing the
feature branch into the non-filtered repository (where the marks files
are "intact") and then transplanting the branch (with all its history
etc.) to the rewritten repository via a git rebase. It's a bit more
laborious and you should know what you're doing, but I've done it
before. We've rewritten both the OP2 and the PyOP2 repositories
halfway through the project. It's just not something I would want to
ask a git novice to do by themselves.

Florian