Re: Bitbucket mirror

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 15:28 -0500, Augie Fackler wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 22:10 +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> >> I wonder why bitbucket Hg mirror of Dulwich was brought down from the
> >> list or repositories on http://samba.org/~jelmer/dulwich/ ?
> >> It would be convenient to submit patches there. I wonder if patches
> >> applied to Bitbucket mirror could be brought back to Git?
> > That repository was maintained by somebody else and it wasn't being kept
> > up to date, so I removed it from the list in order to prevent confusion.
> >
> > Patches applied to the bitbucket mirror could certainly be brought back
> > to Git, but I'd prefer it if somebody else would maintain that mirror
> > and forward the patches upstream in a Git-compatible format (git
> > repository that can be merged, git-am-style patches or just a set of
> > unified diffs).
> I'm perfectly willing to maintain a bitbucket mirror,
Thanks :-)

> <shameless plug> but why not just use hg-git? I do all my dulwich dev
> work using hg-git and it's fantastic.
> </shameless plug>
Well, I already use bzr-git for my Dulwich work and am very happy with
that. :-) I'd rather keep the amount of things that can go wrong when I
publish Dulwich limited.

> FWIW, modern hg can use 'hg email --plain' to email git-am format
> patches. Some day, I'll take the time to teach git-am about hg's
> slightly more robust patch format.
I'm working on adding support for reading git-am patches to Dulwich,
that might be of use in hg-git as well.

Cheers,

Jelmer