Re: Bitbucket mirror

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 22:10 +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
>> I wonder why bitbucket Hg mirror of Dulwich was brought down from the
>> list or repositories on http://samba.org/~jelmer/dulwich/ ?
>> It would be convenient to submit patches there. I wonder if patches
>> applied to Bitbucket mirror could be brought back to Git?
> That repository was maintained by somebody else and it wasn't being kept
> up to date, so I removed it from the list in order to prevent confusion.
>
> Patches applied to the bitbucket mirror could certainly be brought back
> to Git, but I'd prefer it if somebody else would maintain that mirror
> and forward the patches upstream in a Git-compatible format (git
> repository that can be merged, git-am-style patches or just a set of
> unified diffs).

I'm perfectly willing to maintain a bitbucket mirror,
<shameless plug> but why not just use hg-git? I do all my dulwich dev
work using hg-git and it's fantastic.
</shameless plug>

FWIW, modern hg can use 'hg email --plain' to email git-am format
patches. Some day, I'll take the time to teach git-am about hg's
slightly more robust patch format.