Re: Bitbucket mirror

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Augie Fackler <durin42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm perfectly willing to maintain a bitbucket mirror,
> <shameless plug> but why not just use hg-git? I do all my dulwich dev
> work using hg-git and it's fantastic.
> </shameless plug>

It is not that fantastic on Windows. =) After I've fixed the issue
with GitFile [1] with attached patch, it is able to successfully clone
Git repository and create Hg working copy, but still fails to push
with the error:
abort: the remote end hung up unexpectedly

I'd like to see this Windows patch integrated first to continue
investigation on Windows further. It seems that there are some
incompatibility issues with Mercurial 1.4.x.  I need to compile
Mercurial 1.5.1 from source, but that requires MS compiler or --pure
key, and I just do not have time for it right now. I have installed
1.5.1 from, but with binary distribution there is a problem that even
if path to extension is specified in Mercurial.ini, hggit is not able
to find Dulwich, because sys.path is altered in frozen app. If I copy
dulwich into hggit directory then Dulwich imports fail, because of the
same issue - seems like current __file__ directory is not added to
sys.path for frozen distributives.

[1] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/dulwich/+bug/557585

> FWIW, modern hg can use 'hg email --plain' to email git-am format
> patches. Some day, I'll take the time to teach git-am about hg's
> slightly more robust patch format.

Mercurial 1.5.1 doesn't have "email" command in my Windows install. No
options in Mercurial.ini either.
--
anatoly t.