Re: [Build #1807164] amd64 build of dulwich 0.6.0+bzr616~lucid1 in ubuntu lucid RELEASE (dulwich PPA)

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 15:44, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 15:33 -0700, David Borowitz wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 15:27, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >         On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 13:36 -0700, David Borowitz wrote:
> >         > Though I don't know what this is about, or why it got
> >         emailed to me.
> >
> >         It got emailed to you because you're in the "dulwich" team,
> >         which owns
> >         the PPA. If we end up getting too much email for this team I
> >         can move
> >         it.
>
> > That's fine, I don't mind the noise, though of course it would be nice
> > if it succeeded. I only saw my email address in the To:, so I was
> > worried it was blaming me for the breakage :)
> >
> > Any ideas why it was failing in this case?
> It was my fault. :-)
>
> As part of building the package we are running the tests. I was missing
> a dependency on git-core, so git wasn't available during the compat
> tests.

Ok, that's what I guessed from the logs. I'm not an expert on debian
packaging, but that should be a build dep, not a regular dep, right? Since
it's a stated goal of the project to not depend on git-core.