Re: Is it possible to use hg-git from behind a proxy?

(-hg-git)
On Sep 9, 2010, at 11:29 AM, David Borowitz wrote:

> You know the dulwich client code as well as anyone here, Augie ;)
>
> http_proxy support is a good idea, but it's slightly nontrivial as you'd be
> tunneling the git TCP protocol, not HTTP, through the HTTP proxy. I haven't
> thought through how well that would work, but I'm sure other git people
> have, and a quick search suggests that it's at least possible:
> http://www.emilsit.net/blog/archives/how-to-use-the-git-protocol-through-a-http-connect-proxy/

Ah, right. I just assumed this user wanted to use an http protocol. Even so, it's not all that hard to tunnel an arbitrary protocol through an http proxy - you issue the CONNECT verb and if the proxy server doesn't refuse (which it really *should* if it's not to port 443) you're golden and can treat it like a normal socket from there.