Re: stable vs. unstable

2009/6/25 Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> No problem.  I am having a bit of a problem with LP at the moment.
> Their inflexibility about deletions may mean that we can't use stable as
> the name of a branch.  It appears that since I created and deleted two
> of them previously while learning the system, all of them reappear as
> soon as I create the third one.  LP claims they can't delete them.
> Sounds like a bad design, to me.

I don't see any extra series or branches, so I'm not 100% sure I know
the problem you're talking about, but I do have an LP pro tip.

If you happen to *know* you're about to do something where you're not
sure what the effect will be (like creating series or linking
milestones to a release or whatever), you can use
staging.launchpad.net to make the changes.  That site uses a copy of
the real database and is overwritten with the real contents
occasionally -- I think once a day.  So you can play there and break
things and then it never affects the actual database.

Doesn't save you from making mistakes, but it does let you get
familiar with how LP will do something.

-mt