Re: [Merge] lp:~mterry/duplicity/early-catch-498933 into lp:duplicity

That is a good and sensible idea, but the current backend.list architecture isn't well suited for that, performance wise.

(A) We can't ask for information about just one file, we have to list all files each time
(B) We can't ask for size information.  We'd have to download the file again.

Both could be solved by after each upload, just downloading the file again and comparing to the original to 'prove' the round trip worked.  That's a decent idea, actually, just seems a lot less performant.

I could whip that up, depending on interest.  Ken?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/early-catch-498933/+merge/72607
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mterry/duplicity/early-catch-498933 into lp:duplicity.