Re: [Merge] lp:~mterry/duplicity/tarfile into lp:duplicity

The patch there looks invalid, because it looks like it just assigns more bits in the tarfile for the gid/uid, which I don't think is part of the standard.  Though maybe I'm misinterpreting the patch.

However, I do think this branch would solve that bug, as newer tarfiles seem to have explicit support for negative numbers (see the itn() function in this branch's tarfile.py).
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/tarfile/+merge/72422
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mterry/duplicity/tarfile into lp:duplicity.