Re: [Merge] lp:~mterry/duplicity/early-catch-498933 into lp:duplicity

> true but backends usually list all files anyway. dont they? .. ede

They do if you ask them to, and that's the only listing capability the current Duplicity backend.py API has.

But if we're talking about adding to that API, I suspect most backends have a "query info about a particular file" call that doesn't involve listing all files.  And when verifying after each volume, that's what we want; we don't need to ask for info on more than just the one volume.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/early-catch-498933/+merge/72607
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mterry/duplicity/early-catch-498933 into lp:duplicity.