Re: Tests

On 2 November 2011 11:46, Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> C) I would be interested to start working on expanding the duplicity
>> test suite and making more of the current tests require no
>> configuration.  I'm assuming such changes would be welcome?
>
> Yes, very welcome!  Plus convert the shells to Python, etc.

I've made some good progress on revamping most of the test suite to
not require root or any gpg configuration
(lp:~mterry/deja-dup/test-reorg).  I'm not done yet, but I wanted to
ask about a test.

I've hit a test failure I don't understand in pathtest.py's
test_compare() test.  It ends up comparing two different Path objects,
which will always return False in Python when those objects don't
define a new __cmp__ or __eq__ or such.  And Path doesn't.

I don't know how this test, as written, is supposed to work.  Does it
make sense to you, Ken?

-mt