Re: Python 3

On 30 March 2012 21:17, Michael Terry <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If Ubuntu really wants to push for 12.10, I suspect they'll be willing
> to carry a patch for at least one cycle as long as the patch isn't a
> dead-end.  Which means as an upstream, you wouldn't have to abandon
> RHEL 5 just yet.

Heh, sorry for the flurry of replies.  I also wanted to stress that
Ubuntu wouldn't want to force the transition before you're ready (i.e.
doesn't want to force dropping support for RHEL 5 if you'd rather keep
it).

It'd likely be my job to maintain any such Python 3 patch on top of
duplicity, which I'm willing to do until ya'll are ready for it.

-mt