Re: Python 3

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Michael Terry <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30 March 2012 21:17, Michael Terry <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If Ubuntu really wants to push for 12.10, I suspect they'll be willing
> > to carry a patch for at least one cycle as long as the patch isn't a
> > dead-end.  Which means as an upstream, you wouldn't have to abandon
> > RHEL 5 just yet.
>
> Heh, sorry for the flurry of replies.  I also wanted to stress that
> Ubuntu wouldn't want to force the transition before you're ready (i.e.
> doesn't want to force dropping support for RHEL 5 if you'd rather keep
> it).
>
> It'd likely be my job to maintain any such Python 3 patch on top of
> duplicity, which I'm willing to do until ya'll are ready for it.

No problem on the number of replies.  You were able to answer most of my
questions as I read through them.

So, to get this straight, we may be able to supply a 3.2 patch in the
Ubuntu release, yet supply 2.4 code for everyone else?  That is still a
second version unless I'm missing something very subtle.  No real
objections during the transition time, but I'll want to pull those together
ASAP.

...Ken