Re: [Question #193846]: These backup times seem very excessive

Kai-Alexander Ude proposed the following answer:
Sorry for the long delay.
Had very much to do last two weeks. No time for checking backup process :-(

But now there is another problem with duplicity.
I installed duplicity to /root/_apps/duplicity-0.6.18/ (see http://duply.net/?title=Duply-documentation under TIP).
After that I created a symlink to /usr/local/bin: ln -s /root/_apps/duplicity-0.6.18/bin/duplicity /usr/local/bin/duplicity

If I run duplicity directly from the root-dir (/root/_apps/duplicity-0.6.18/bin/duplicity --version) the output is "duplicity 0.6.18". Absolutly correct. But if I run duplicity from /usr/local/bin (using symlink) the output is:
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 40, in <module>
from duplicity import log
ImportError: No module named duplicity"

With that problem I can't run duply correctly because I can't find a way
to tell duply where to find duplicity (I my case under
/root/_apps/duplicity-0.6.18/bin/duplicity ...)

Please tell me what I do wrong or how to install duplicity and duply
correctly (not via aptitude because there are only very old versions of
duply and duplicity available in stable repository).

Thank you very much for your help!