Re: Maybe a bug?

On 16 November 2013 06:12, <edgar.soldin@xxxxxx> wrote:

> don't see any reason to scan the whole backup. why would you do that?

Well, if our philosophy is "when restarting, notice deletions in sources",
theoretically we would want to make sure all of the files in our partial
backup are still there.  Though that theory might also extend to the data
itself and we start doing a lot of work.  I'm not advocating for that.

> aim should be to get rid of incompletely backed up source files if their
> state changed in between (modified, deleted) as resuming them can result i
> a corrupt backed up file.

Well, it's not like we're going to corrupt a file you care about.  You
deleted it after all.  You probably won't mind if duplicity is holding on
to half of it for you.

-mt