Re: restarting

ok,

let me rephrase. we have multiple backend support in duplicity already. the command are meant to reuse this functionality to copy/sync files from say sftp->dropbox, webdav->ftp etc.

this way you could do backups to one backend and after that create redundancy copies to another backend.

rsync cannot sync anything else then locally mounted file systems or rsync(over ssh) servers.

additionally i don't know any command line software to transfer files between multiple remote file services.

..ede