Re: [Question #288636]: Lost signatures?

Mark Grandi posted a new comment:
Hi there,

I am the person mentioned in post #3. I currently have a patch that
'sorta hacks' around the problem, but is not really the best solution.

The basis of the problem is that the signature and manifest files are
using the wrong method, where its trying to just 'rename' file files ,
but if the destination is on a different filesystem, the rename fails,
because it does not make sense to rename a file so it appears on a
different filesystem

I also had problems where the remote filesystem (in my case, mounted
through AFP), it doesn't support setting some filesystem attributes, so
one of the Path methods tries to set the user/mtime/atime/whatever
attributes on the file, but the kernel doesn't allow that, so it throws
an exception and fails the whole backup, which is highly annoying
because it occurs at the very end.

I'll try to clean up this patch and submit it to the powers that be, and
we can fix this issue for all.

Honestly, duplicity needs to use pathlib or some other dedicated path
library, since there are a ton of bugs related to this stuff, and it
would make it work on windows as well.

~Mark

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.