Re: [Question #631423]: Too many open files (again)

Howard Kaye is still having a problem:
Increasing the number of open files by 2 orders of magnitude allowed this
particular restore to proceed.

In debugging the issue though, I tried catching the exception, doing an
os.open() in the handler, and this succeeds, though a subsequent call to
open() does not.
The process does not have an excessive number of open files.
So, the root cause of this does not appear to be actual open files, but
perhaps a bug somewhere else.

Rather than mask it by increasing the ulimit for open files, I'd prefer to
find the root cause.