Re: [Granite] AppMenu modification

Hey xapantu,

I've been meaning to submit my proposed changes to some of the Granite.Widgets, I was hoping to have the RatingBar and BreadcrumbBar widgets completed before I requested a review on my changes/enhancements. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of crunch time for my thesis work, the deadline's coming up soon so I've had to turn all my attention to that.

Nevertheless, I'd like to submit the widgets that I've completed <https://github.com/novabyte/appcenter/tree/master/src/ui/granite> to the Granite dev team for review. I've made a few changes to the naming of the widgets, as well as their API. I also removed some functionality like default menu items as you mentioned. IMHO there is a lot of subclassing and tight-coupling in the library, it's my belief that it should be as easy as possible to pick and choose components.

Here's a summation of my changes:

 * Granite.Entry, a combination of the HintedEntry and SearchBar with
   Gtk.Builder support.
 * Granite.MenuToggleButton, what was AppMenu and ToolButtonWithMenu
   with Gtk.Builder support. There are now no default menu items,
   instead I suggest they go into the Elementary HIG.
 * Granite.TimeoutEntry, this is a widget I'm using in my dev builds of
   AppCenter to refresh the app search display area after a timeout. I
   originally considered integrating the functionality into
   Granite.Entry and making it's features "more optional" (no callback
   firing from the start, I'm still unsure... open to suggestions).

I've tried to document the code as much as possible but I didn't learn the Valadoc so they could probably use some work. Let me know what you think, all feedback welcome ;-) .

Cheers,

Chris