Re: Language Guidelines

Hmm, I'd say typically we should avoid referencing the user directly and state things in the third person. One example is "You don't have any music" as compared to "BeatBox can't find your music". In this case, we circumvent formal and informal cases of "You" by putting the focus (and the "blame") on the software.

But yes, in general we've been talking about more extensive guidelines for language in our apps and our docs.

Best Regards,
Daniel Foré

www.elementaryos.org