Re: Closing last tab

According to the HIG, "[i]f only one tab is displayed when the close button
is clicked, a new tab should immediately be created rather than showing a
blank window or closing the window." (Source:
http://elementaryos.org/docs/human-interface-guidelines/ui-toolkit-elements/dynamic-tabs
)

If this needs revised, then we should address that. Otherwise, I'd say
stick to the HIG.