Re: Closing last tab

On 01/09/2012 04:19 AM, Cassidy James wrote:
> According to the HIG, "[i]f only one tab is displayed when the close
> button is clicked, a new tab should immediately be created rather than
> showing a blank window or closing the window." (Source:
> http://elementaryos.org/docs/human-interface-guidelines/ui-toolkit-elements/dynamic-tabs)

Then I'd say that Midori and Scratch are not (strictly) following the
HIG either since they do not open a new tab. However, they also do not
close the window or show a (completely) blank window. So in the end the
HIG is not entirely clear on what should be done in this case, since if
the behaviour of Scratch and Midori is correct, then also an application
which opens ten tabs, starts playing a random video, opens new windows
or does anything except showing a blank window or closing the window
adheres to the HIG, which just doesn't feel right.