Re: Developer guide

Well I can tell you right now there's a lot of very non-hypothetical concerns to address.

The guide has a lot of "what just happened" moments where things aren't explained at all and it's very difficult to follow in many places. (Something I think you admitted yourself in a previous mail).

we have a lot of definitely-not-best-practice moments. There's actually part of the guide where we say "now that you know how to do this, don't ever do this". We need to make sure we're instructing people how to do things properly. Teaching the wrong way to do things leaves us worse off than not having a guide at all.

It's a good start, but it's not a good guide. I would understand if it just needed a little cleaning up, but it's in much worse shape than that. It's not ready for public consumption.

Best Regards,
Daniel Foré

www.elementaryos.org